Ayurveda,the science of life has always emphasized to maintain the health and prevent the diseases by following proper diets and life style regimen rather than treatment and cure of the diseases.For this purpose the Dinacharya(daily regimen) and ritucharya(seasonal regimen) have been mentioned in the classics of Ayurveda.
With the change in season,the change is very evident in the environment we live in.So the human body also greatly influenced by external environment.If the body is unable adopt itself to stressors due to changes in specific traits of seasons,it may lead to dosha vaishamya,which make the body susceptible to one or other kinds of disorders.
In summer, the environment is prevalent with intense heat and unhealthy wind.The strength of the person become less,deposition of vata dosha occurs,but the vitiated kapha dosha is pacified during this season and the agni(digestive power)of the person will remain in mild state.
COMMON DISEASES IN SUMMER :
1. Heat stroke(sun burn and sun-allergy)
2.Folliculitis(skin rashes and boils)
4.Viral infections like chickenpox
- Foods having sheeta(cold) and drava(liqid) guna such as rice, lentil,fruits(orange,watermelon,grapes) and vegetables(cucumber,small onion,asparagus,green leafy vegetables).summer is the best time to have seasonal fruits and fresh vegetables and salads.
- Drink plenty of water-8 to 12 glasses of water in a day and other liquids such as butter milk,fruit juices,shadava(curd churned with sugar and pepper powder).
- Reduce meat and fried food. Take kharjura and ksheera(milk shake with dates), Rice gruel with ghee.
LIFE STYLE MODIFICATIONS
- Staying in cool places,applying sandal wood and other aromatic pastes over the body,wearing light cotton dresses
- Avoid sun exposure during the day from 11 am to 3 pm
- Sleeping during the day time
- Avoid excessive hardwork,too much sexual indulgence and alcoholic preparations are prohibitted.
Ayurvedic preparations like nimbadi kashayam,drakshadi kashayam,mahathikthaka kashayam etc can be used based on disease condition
2.Urinary tract infection
Drink water boiled with goksura(tribulus terrestris),coriander seeds,barley
Ayurvedic formulations like bruhatiadi kashayam,veeratharadi kashayam,chandanasavam etc can be used depends on the condition.
Arrow root powder mixed with water and boil in to a semisolid consistency and have 2to 3 times a day.
Drink plenty of water and fruit juices. Do mrudu virechana or mild pugation with the advise of an ayurvedic physician
Ayurvedic formulations like gandharva hasthadi kashayam,dadimashtaka choornam,trivrit lehyam etc can be used according to the condition.
AYURVEDIC TREATMENTS TO BEAT THE HEAT
Ayurvedic massages with special medicated oils are very effective to maintain the skin tone and skin irritations like dryness and itching .
Siro abhyanga,thaila dhara,thakra dhara,sirolepam, kheera dhara,netra sekam,akshi tarpanam,mukha lepam,lepana of the body with herbs having cooling properties,various body wraps,herbal facials etc are very effective.
At Kerala Ayurvedic Centre we are providing all treatments to prevent and cure the summer diseases.
For more details logon to http://www.keralaayurvedicdubai.com